As winter has now embraced us, hand-washing clothes have become more difficult, elevating the need to use a washing machine for many. However, deciding on which machine to buy can often become quite overwhelming. To make things easier, here are a few things to keep in mind before you pick the perfect washing machine for your interior!
Washing machines come in different capacities (measured in kilograms), ranging from 5-16KG per cycle. It represents the weight of clothes it can hold. If you have a big family, it is advisable to go for a machine with a higher capacity because a smaller machine shall require more time with the clothes divided into multiple wash-cycles. If it is just a small family of two or three, a low-capacity machine shall also do just fine!
Washing machines come in different types – Top-load (loading clothes from the top), Front-load (loading clothes from the front), Fully Automatic, and Semi-Automatic.
Top-loaders are usually able to control water flow, maintaining the water level as required. These are generally easy to use and cost-effective. On the other hand, front-loading washing machines usually come with comparatively more features. They tend to consume less water, offering better convenience, but are usually more expensive than the top-loaders.
Semi-automatic machines come with two tubs – one for washing and the other for drying. Firstly, you have to put your clothes for washing into the washing tub. After the wash, you will have to put the clothes into the other tub for drying manually. Considering the requirement of manual human intervention, these machines usually come at a lower price.
Washing machines come with various kinds of features that provide utility and enhance convenience for the users. Some of the typical features are –
• Wash Settings – You can set your desired water level or type of wash, such as gentle wash, quick wash, etc.
• Spin Cycle – The tub spins for a certain number of revolutions for the clothes to be dried. Depending on the type of clothes you want to dry, you can set a higher or lower spin cycle; for example, your laundry wouldn’t have to dry for long after spinning if you have a Top Load washing machine with the highest 750 RPM (Revolutions per minute) or Front Load Washing Machine with the highest rate of 1600 RPM at your disposal.
• Fuzzy Logic – Depending on the weight or type of clothes, this feature enables the machine to automatically select the appropriate washing conditions, including timer, amount of detergent, and water level.
• Temperature Control – Under controlled temperature, clothes are washed to perfection without any chance of quality damage.
• Time Delay – This allows users to load the machine at their convenient time and start it afterward, or soak the clothes for a certain period of time before the machine starts the wash cycle automatically.
Price and after-sales service
Depending on the features and types, washing machines come at various price ranges. To buy the best machine within your budget, it is important to do a little research on the models available in the market and make a checklist of the features that are important to you. Also, keep an eye out for offers. Ideally, trustworthy international brands such as Samsung, LG, Whirpool and Sharp provides standard quality products with a warranty at a range from BDT 28,000 to 80,000.
Like any other electronic appliance, there might be problems with your machine that will need resolution. Hence, it is essential to be aware of the companies’ after-sales services, too. As a new buyer, all you have to do is browse through their catalogs, compare the abovementioned features and match them with your requirements and budget!