Sunday, April 14Dedicate to Right News

The digital market ended with the sale of 3 lakh 87 thousand animals

Spread the love

A total of 3 lakh 87 thousand 579 animals have been sold from the online Market launched around the Eid-ul-Adha. The total value of which is 2735 crore 11 lakh, 15 thousand 678 rupees. 2 lakh 96 thousand 710 cows and buffaloes have been sold and 90 thousand 869 goats and sheep have been sold. Until the day before this year’s Eid-ul-Azha (July 20), the animal was sold from 1,843 online huts, including Digital Hats.

For the first time, 24 animals have been sold directly from Digital Hat through the screw service launched by Bangladesh Bank and 265 animals have been slaughtered and delivered to the buyer’s house. The animals booked for slaughter are slaughtered and the meat is processed and delivered to the buyer’s house on Eid day as per the schedule. Other animal buyers are delivered directly to the home. 80% of the animals are delivered 1 day before Eid and the remaining 20% ​​of the animals are successfully delivered on the day before Eid.

1,565 animals have been sold directly from the digital market. Of which 1,457 were cows and buffaloes and 108 were goats and sheep. The Digital Hat was launched with the joint initiative of the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Department of Information and Communication Technology and e-Cab and with the technical assistance of ATUI. From where there was an opportunity to sell sacrificial animals till the day before Eid-ul-Azha.

E-Cab Secretary General Mohammad Abdul Wahed Tamal said, “Last time we sold 27,000 animals.” This time our goal was to sell at least 1 lakh animals. We have sold 3 lakh 87 thousand animals from 1843 online haats across the country with a value of Tk. 2735 crore. This has benefited the marginal farmers and ranchers as well as the buyers have been able to buy animals at a fair price. The digital sacrifice market has revived the rural economy, which has been under pressure for some time.

Shah Mohammad Imran, secretary general of the Bangladesh Dairy Pharmaceutics Association, said it was a challenging task for buyers to properly slaughter and process the meat and deliver it home on time. This is the big thing that we have been able to do this work without any problems. We have always tried to value the trust that the townspeople have placed in us. This time 265 customers have taken the slaughtering service. We have completed the slaughtering booking within 12 days so many people could not take the slaughtering service, we will consider the matter in the future.

Minister for Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Mr. Tajul Islam MP inaugurated the Dhaka Metropolitan-based Digital Hat on July 4. At this time the minister himself bought an animal. Later, the digital market was expanded at the national level on July 13 and was inaugurated by the Minister of Fisheries and Animal Resources, Mr. Sham Rezaul Karim MP.

Meanwhile, State Minister for ICT Junaid Ahmed Palam MP announced to purchase a cow through escrow payment and distribute it among the poor through e-Cab’s Human Service Foundation. The cow was sacrificed on the day of Eid in the name of 7 members of Bangabandhu family. The members are Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Begum Fazilatun Nesha Mujib, Sheikh Hasina, Sheikh Rehana, Sheikh Jamal, Sheikh Kamal and Sheikh Russell. Later it was distributed among the poor people in the market area of ​​Rayer as usual. The humanitarian and voluntary organization Bloodman cooperates in the distribution activities. Apart from the state minister’s beef, beef donated by e-Cab president Shami Kaiser and a goat donated by e-cab joint secretary Nasima Akter Nishar were also distributed among the poor.

On June 30, the Ministry of Commerce issued a guideline in this regard. In addition to e-Cab, ICT Department, Bangladesh Dairy Pharmaceutical Association, the implementation of Digital Hat was in collaboration with the Ministry of Fisheries and Animal Resources, ICT Department, Business Promotion Council, Ekshop, Food for Nation. Other collaborators include Daraj Bangladesh, SSL Commerce, AB Bank, MasterCard, Dhansiri Communications, Future Sky Limited and Manabseva Foundation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *