- Dinu Pramanik
In my leisure, I spend the duration watching movies, Bangla old plays, listening to songs, reading poems as well as writing articles. Late at night, when I see an English movie, two terms embrace my heart, named ‘Quality Time’ and ‘Quantity Time’. Both are found in a baby because of his loneliness from his service-holder parents and to take adore from the retried grandparents. Both are contradictory words for each other, like our life, especially a child. I get restless finding out about both the words named ‘Quality Time’ and ‘Quantity Time’.
In my articles, I try to find out about ‘Quality Time. In this term, it includes two words: e,g, ‘ quality’ & ‘ time’. The dictionary meaning of Quality quoted from Oxford Languages that 1. the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something. “an improvement in product quality” 2. a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by someone or something. “he shows strong leadership qualities.” On the other hand Dictionary, the meaning of Time quoted from Oxford Languages that in view of noun that 1. the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole. “Travel through space and time” 2. a point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon. “the time is 9.30” We may quote about time from in view of the verb that 1. Plan, schedule, or arrange when (something) should happen or be done. “the first track race is timed for 11.15” 2. Measure the time taken by (a process or activity, or a person doing it). “we were timed and given certificates according to our speed.
Nowadays, we are very busy and in corporate life, we are going to make our lives like machines. There’s very little time to spend with our family, partners and friends, as well as sometimes study and express that there is no time for relatives or others. It’s my personal realization that quality time spent is the most important as well as to play a vital role in the life of a child. Now we can know about quality time. We know it’s informally that refers to time spent with close family, partners, or friends that is in some way important, special, productive, or profitable to one or everyone involved. It is time that is set aside for paying full and undivided attention to the individual or matter at hand. It may also refer to time spent performing some favorite activity.
In a word, it can be said that quality time is being together with someone and focusing on enjoying the time together immensely. It means that the people who are together are making an effort to deepen or improve their relationship.
Now the question may arise if the word Quality Time is original. An earlier column mentioned that this expression is often contrasted with Quantity Time. The idea is that it is more important to spend an enjoyable time with a person than to spend a lot of time with that person. This expression first appeared around the 1970s. The term quality time is when family or friends hang out together and emphasize improving their relationship.
Relationship counselor Gary Chapman suggests that quality time is one of five “languages” which are used more or less, preferentially, by a given individual to express their adoration and articulate their feelings and emotions.
The major goal of each of these role changes is to give a woman time to herself, Ms. Burton explained. “A woman’s right and responsibility is to be self-fulfilling,” she said. She gives “quality time” rather than “quantity time” to each task, whether it be writing, cleaning the house, or tending to the children.
The impact of the quality time is mentioned below-
- Quality time may be achieved through strong family bonds and strengthened relationships. Healthy family ties can provide unconditional love, support and the simple joy of being understood.
- Quality time is fundamental to a child’s development and inspires him to shape personal qualities, behaviors, or achievements after theirs, even without any direct interaction.
- Quality time is building common ground for children.
- Quality time Improving communication as well as together is an investment in future conversations.
- Quality time ensures greater academic success. Intellectual enrichment starts in early childhood development and has no expiration date. Helping with science projects, exploring ideas for extra credit, and offering to proofread are some of the many ways to help support a child’s success in school.
- Quality time increases confidence in the children.
- Quality time ensures knowledge without wisdom. Extended family can provide valuable life lessons, ethics and family traditions.
- Quality family time plays the role of dependable encouragement and support for just fun and games. Living life together, sharing responsibilities, offering encouragement, and being accessible are all highly beneficial to each family member, especially the little ones.
From the above analysis and discussion we may conclude that quality time has some words for family words, especially children love, adore, time spent with family, special, productive or profitable to one or everyone, eloquent feelings and emotion, etc. Quality time is very essential so that children never feel isolated or lonely. Maybe it is quality time spent with each other rather than a lot more effective & productive with eloquent stance & emotion from the industrial or commercial or corporate life.
[Source: collected from the different online sites]